Think making the switch to better food choices means you miss out on all those breakfast favourites? No way!
Here’s my ultimate fav recipe for paleo pancakes, easy to whip up in no time, gluten free and paleo friendly!
Double the batch at eat them as a snack cold!
COCONUT FLOUR BANANA PANCAKES
– 3 eggs
– 3 tablsp melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup plus 2 tablsp of coconut milk – 1/2 teasp honey
– 1 teasp vanilla extract
– 1/4 teasp salt
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1 teasp baking powder
– 1/2 cup or so water
– 1 ripe banana
- Whisk together eggs, oil, coconut milk, honey and vanilla. Mash in banana.
- In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients then slowly add the wet ingredients,stirring until smooth.
- Add the water gradually to thin out the batter until your desired consistency.
- In a well buttered/oiled pan cook pancakes until browned on both sides
- Serve with berries and cinnamon and maple syrup if desired.
* this recipe was adapted from Mark Sissons book “Primal Blueprint Cookbook”. A must for any paleo enthusiast.